- Your Schefflera Amate prefers bright indirect light, but can tolerate lower light conditions as well. Rotate your plant around once a month–as it grows it leans towards the light. This will keep it looking full and even.
- Water your Schefflera Amate thoroughly when the soil is about 75% dry. This is a very hardy plant and doesn’t mind if you miss a watering occasionally.
- Your Schefflera Amate will do great in average household humidity, but will benefit from any added humidity you can give it. Boost humidity by misting often, placing a humidifier nearby, or using a pebble tray.
- Your Schefflera Amate prefers temperatures between 60-80 degrees. Avoid temperatures below 50 degrees, as this could shock the plant and lead to leaf damage.
- Feed your Schefflera Amate once a month during spring and summer with a general houseplant fertilizer diluted to half strength.
- This plant is toxic to humans and pets. If the leaves are cut open, the sap inside can cause minor skin irritation. Wear gloves when pruning or repotting your plant to be safe. If ingested, it can cause mouth and digestive irritation.